10 Reasons Why Watching Pro Football is for Losers!
Paying to watch it or betting on it is even more [ridiculous]!
- Whether or not your team wins is of no importance. It has no impact on your life, your people, your society, your government, your freedom, your education, your career, your family, your health your present and future, all of which are of overwhelming importance.
- In fact, chronically watching sports has a negative impact on all healthy things in a variety of ways.
- It’s a media and commercially promoted addiction that steals your precious time and attention away from things vitally more important to both your personal life and in society at large.
- It promotes sedentary slothfulness that leads to laziness, obesity and consumption of unhealthy junk food and drinks while watching other people engage in physical activity. Chronically watching sports promotes the opposite of healthy behavior in addicted TV spectators.
- It promotes massive consumption of alcoholic beverages leading to behavioral and physical issues that last far longer than the games watched. Over time, it can lead to a lifetime of negative consequences, not least of contributing to destructive sickness of alcoholism and all the attendant damage associated with it.
- Chronically watching your team is a sum losing game for you. There are 32 pro football teams and only one can be the champion, the other 31 teams and spectators are destined to lose every year. It has a psychologically damaging and depressing impact on millions of people by engaging them in an emotional process that often leads them to depression and negativity that in turn results in destructive self behaviors.
- It makes the billionaire owners and the mass media, and junk food and drink companies richer and you poorer. If you spend thousands on season tickets its even worse for you. It’s big money you can much better spend on the fundamental well-being of yourself and your family. If you gamble on games, you are even dumber. It is the worst bet possible, with a 10 percent house take on every single game.
- It is presented as a way to bring the family together, but in reality, it is far better to spend time with your family actually doing something together and truly communicating with each other than watching other people do things. Take walk with your family in the forest or the desert or the mountains or the parks or the beach, go to a museum, or any of thousands of positive activities!
- Spending time and money on pro football is nothing more than supporting the very establishment and values that are destroying our nation. The kneeling disrespect to our flag, destruction of our 2nd amendment rights and our values is like supporting a foreign invader taking over your country.
I grew up in New Orleans as a Saints fan, the clearest breaking point was when the multimillion dollar paid (with fans money) coach, Sean Peyton, used his money and fame to become a spokesman for saying we had no right to have guns. It is crazy to think that 85 percent of the fans in the Superdome want to keep their gun rights, but are patronizing those who want to take them away.
- It is the biggest promoter of gambling in the United States and around the world. Gambling addiction has destroyed millions of lives and families!