The Sun’s Benefits Are Way More than Vitamin D
May 9, 2020
Do you know about these amazing benefits of sun exposure?
0:07 Sun exposure
0:23 Benefits of sun exposure #1
1:30 Benefits of sun exposure #2
1:49 Benefits of sun exposure #3
2:25 Benefits of sun exposure #4
2:54 Benefits of sun exposure #5
3:02 Benefits of sun exposure #6
In this video, we’re going to talk about some really interesting benefits of sunlight that go beyond just vitamin D.
When the sun hits your skin, certain chemical reactions occur that generate vitamin D from the cholesterol in your skin. You actually need cholesterol to make vitamin D.
Health benefits of sunlight that go beyond vitamin D:
1. When the sun hits your skin and retinas, it can increase serotonin, which can potentially affect your mood.
2. The sun can reduce melatonin. Melatonin helps you sleep.
3. The heat and humidity from the sun may have the power to decrease viral loads.
4. UV has antibacterial effects.
5. The sun can increase resistance to infection.
6. The infrared wavelength of the sun can be great for wound healing and decreasing pain.