Daily oral dosing of vitamin D3 using 5000 TO 50,000 international units a day in long-term hospitalized patients: Insights from a seven year experience
• Daily dosing with vitamin D ranged from 5000 IU/day to 50,000 IU/day.
• No cases of hypercalcemia observed using these doses of vitamin D for up to 7 years.
• The highest 25OHD blood level attained on 10,000 IU/day was 202 ng/ml.
• Mean 25OHD levels on 10,000 IU/day were 96 ng/ml and 116 ng/ml in 2 data sets.
• A case of asthma and psoriasis were controlled with 25,000 IU/d and 50,000 IU/d.